Steps for Fixing Damaged Roofs When high winds blow shingles, tile, and metal or damage your skylights:
Emergency Roof Repair Services.
1. Call a roofing company and get on their emergency service list. In our case, we are asking emergency call ins to continue calling other Toronto Roofing Companies to be sure the soonest available emergency crews can come and assess the damage. At Toronto Roofer, we are keeping a running list of home-owners and businesses that require emergency roof repair service and we are dealing with the repairs on a first call – first serve basis.
2. In extreme high winds for your safety we advise you to stay away from windows and stay indoors. Due to the winds blowing off various forms of sidings, tiles, shingles skylights etc., it is unsafe to be outside with this vast amount of debris being blown around.
3. Roof Insurance: Be sure the roofing company selected to attend the repair of your shingles, commercial roof, metal flashing, or skylight keeps excellent record. You will need accurate photos before and after the roofing repairs. Make sure to ask the emergency roofers to provide you with copies of photos for your roof insurance company. Also, ask the roofing company to quote you for a complete replacement and have photos documenting all damage to your roof or skylights. After the immediate roof repairs are done, you can then address your possible roof insurance claim properly. Commercial properties are more apt to engage their Commercial Insurance Adjusters right at step one.
4. Choosing a Roofing Company: Be sure the roofing company you choose to do the roof repair work has a City Business License, have provincially incorporated roofers, Better Business Bureau registered and able to provide written receipts. Ensure that they take photos of work done for your roof insurance companies records. A quick check of complaints registered at the Better Business Bureau on line can help determine if the company is reliable. If it is a commercial or industrial roof repair, be sure the emergency roofers are qualified specific to the commercial roof system type.
5. After the emergency roof repairs are done, you have will have photos of the roof damage, and will now be dealing with your roof insurance company. Remember that insurance companies will refer you or want you to deal with specific roofers. However, in many instances, you have a choice as to which roofing company actually does the work. High Wind Shingles (Wind Resistant Shingles) Shingle manufacturers do make shingles rated for high winds.